Apr 15, 2010

Out of the mouth of 5 year olds...

One day Abigail asked me why Jacob got to go to school (speech) and she didn't since she was so much older than him. I told her that he went so that Ms. Sheila could help him talk better. She exclaimed, " So when he gets finished with speech he will talk weller like me!"



This morning as I was putting on my makeup Abigail was watching me perform my "magical transformation". She asked me why I put all that funny stuff on my face. I hesitated telling her it was to cover up my freckles, my age spots, the dark circles under my eyes, and my wrinkles. I don't ever want her to be self concsious of her cute little freckles. I want her to be a confident young lady. I want her to feel comfortable with who she is and what she looks like. ( slightly hypocritical, no?) As I stood there thinking about how I would answer her she said, "Do you use it to cover up all those lines on your face?" I told her, "Yep, that is what I use it for", and she replies, "Well it sure does do a good job! It's like magic! You can't even see them anymore!"



Thanks sweetie.

8 comments:

Jennifer and Clay said...

Love it!

Don't feel bad...I think that kids are put on this earth just to bring us down a few notches! Mine do it all the time...

Kristen said...

Gotta love the things they come up with! A few months ago at dinner Blake looked up from his plate and exclaimed, "Wow Mom, this isn't half bad!" and when he got into the car the day I got my hair chopped off he said, "Nice haircut Mom, I hardly recognized you!" He will make some poor girl so happy/irritated someday!

Meghan said...

Oh man, I got a good laugh!! Kids. They are funny and honest and blunt. :)

Beccarigg said...

So funny!! Life is so much more entertaining with kids : )

Jodi said...

You gotta loves a child's honesty. That's cute :)

Unknown said...

I love it!! :)

tiki_lady said...

ok, its time to share what it is that you use to cover up those lines! I want some magic! or magic eraser!

Norma said...

so cute! At least you didn't make her feel self conscious about her freckles!