May 4, 2010

Torture Day, otherwise known as Picture Day

This morning we got up early and I cut everyone's hair in anticipation for our big day. That in and of itself takes 2 hours just to accomplish that task. We headed over to a wonderful old village by the river where we proceeded to yell, threaten, plead, and fall into the river before we even had 10 shots taken. I don't know what it is about taking my own kids pictures, but they seem to act like they just got out of the insane asylum and are trying to send me there! They act CRAZY! I could never be a professional photographer. I am pretty sure no one would hire me to yell at their kids to, "PLEASE, just stop moving for 3 seconds, and so help me if the one picture you are acting goofy in is the only picture that everybody else is normal, I am going to STRANGLE you!" I have a friend that took her kids pictures the day before at the same place. She said she bribed them with Camino Real. I wish I had been that smart. I bribed mine with tacos for supper and no beatings if they acted halfway decent!








2 seconds after this shot was taken he walked right off the rock into the water and was soaking wet for the rest of the pictures. He was not a happy camper after that!
All in all, it really wasn't that bad. We got some great pictures, had a fun time exploring and really enjoyed spending the day together. I really can only do this once a year at the most though!









2 comments:

Kristen said...

Wow. I did the exact same thing yesterday, right down to the haircuts before, the threats, and the location! We were there from 11 to 12, weird that we didn't run into you guys!

Jen said...

They turned out great! I love the picture at the top of your blog. It shows each child's personality... your older kids are being great sports. Abigail's expression is classic!