Mar 10, 2010

Barnacles?

I am such a good mom. When I am cleaning, all of my children join in and we sing wonderful uplifting songs and never bicker. We get the whole house clean in under 2 hours and then we have the rest of the day to practice our piano, violin, and flute lessons. We then ride our bikes for 20 miles after which we fix a wonderful gourmet meal to eat by candlelight.

Ok, ok, we only ride for 10.

Ok, we only own 5 bikes, only one of which is functional, and if we did eat by candlelight, I am sure that someone would barbeque their food over it using a fork.

When I clean, I put on a movie. It usually has to be something that will interest Jacob since he is the one that I am trying to keep entertained and out of trouble. The movie as of late has been, cringe, SpongeBob Squarepants. I know, I know. It has got to be the most inane, ridiculous, stupidest show ever made, but my kids think that it rivals Masterpiece theatre.
While on the way to school this morning Gabriel hollers, "MOM! Abigail said the "B" word!" I nearly take off the other side view mirror as I whip around to face her. What did you say Abigail?! She looks up with fear etched on her face. "I only said barnacles mom. They say it on Spongebob all the time."

I think it is time to pull out PollyAnna.

5 comments:

Meghan said...

You always make me laugh!! I love PollyAnna! I think it's a good choice. :)

Jennifer and Clay said...

Funny! We had to ban spongebob at our house because Reagan started to mimic him all the time - not pretty...he already gets made fun of enough, and spongebob and patrick are...well, let's just say they aren't the sharpest crayons in the box.

Kristen said...

I believe I made a similar post a while back, but it was the "sh" word that turned out to be "shut up"...still not a nice word but probably not worth the teaspoon of jalapeno juice Trevor had to drink as punishment before we found out it wasn't the OTHER "sh" word!

Norma said...

I was laughing so hard! Good thing you saved the mirror!

tiki_lady said...

rofl, i love the way you write! and I can't stand listening to spongebob, he makes me cringe, so the kids don't or didn't watch it, but they would sneak, and mess up when they would quote something or laugh and I was clueless and they would say spongebob, mom! I'd reply, "Oh really, ..... silence, BUSTED!