May 14, 2010

Friday Foto May 14, 2010

It has been a while since I have done a Friday Foto, so I had fun browsing thru pictures. We took this picture on Matthew's blessing day. Parker had just turned 14 and was ordained as a teacher at church. It has only been 2 years ago, but he has already grown SO much. He and I look eye to eye now. I know it will only be a matter of months and I will be looking up to him. When I first saw these pictures I was horrified at how I looked. I may have mentioned before, but when I was pregnant with Matthew I gained, um, well a little bit of weight. Add that on top of what I gained and didn't lose with Gabe, Abby, and Jacob, let's just say I was kinda wishin' that Matthew had been a 60# baby. But that would have been a whole other set of problems! ; ) I was all up for deleting any pictures with me in them until Joe said, "You need to keep those." Um, why? You will be glad you did. Well for starters, they document Matthew's blessing, but also your children need to see how hard it is to have a baby and all that you do to recover.
So here we all are and I have to say some of us have gotten bigger, and some of us are feeling better!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Amen! I gained 70 lb. with my first and hadn't figured out how I was going to start loosing my baby weight before I got pregnant 3 months later with my second. We look back at pictures and videos and just laugh but then I also have a sense of "good job!" for how well I did with the rest and am doing now.

Jennifer and Clay said...

You look great, girl! After we saw you at Wally World today, Mom said..."Wow, Lisa is getting so skinny, she looks great!" Then we both looked down at ourselves and sighed!

Beccarigg said...

Love this post. There have been many pictures of me in the past that I've wanted to delete but I'm so glad I didn't because Joe is right, we need them as documentation of the sacrifices we make to bring our babies into this world. : ) For the record though, I always thought you looked amazing your whole pregnancy with Matthew and wished that I looked as petite as you did!

tiki_lady said...

loved it! its especially great when you have pics to document where you were and where you are! its' even better when you are on the thinner side of the were! LOL!! You look amazing at any weight!