Jul 16, 2010

You are such a Slacker!

Where to begin?
First of all, I have a good excuse. Well, for like 2 weeks anyway. The computer decided it wasn't getting enough attention and had to contract a virus, thus requiring a hospital stay and decontamination. Then my total lack of motivation kicked in, accompanied by scout camp, trips to grandma's, wrestling camp, baseball games and parties, football, scouts, and Gabe's first ever river trip that took precedence for a while. After that we actually took a family vacation that was way over due.
Sooo much to catch up on, I figure I will just do a post for each kid and call it good!

JACOB
Jacob finished up speech with Ms. Sheila and was very sad to leave her. You know a teacher loves her job when she thinks your little wildcat is the sweetest thing that ever walked thru her door and cries when he leaves her. He will get to go to developmental preschool this year everday for several hours and I think I am a little excited!
One day Jacob kept messing with his ear. Never really complained about it hurting just kept pulling on it and such. I figured he had gotten some water in there from the one (or 3 times) he went swimming and I kept forgetting to put his ear plugs in. So I took him to the doctor to get it looked at and lo and behold, no more tubes! They had already fallen out and I was not the awful mother that I thought I was! Bad news is, he cannot hear again. His ears are filled with fluid and the doctor said he may need bigger tubes. Makes a little sense of his behaviour as of late.

Jacob LOVES robots. Ask anybody in primary. His teachers who have to draw page after page of robots to keep him quiet during sharing time. His brothers who fill up pages with colorful robot drawings. The cashier at the store that he LOUDLY informs, "Mom buy me a robot for my birthday!" His mom who has finally learned how to draw primitive robots. His....well you get the idea. One day back in May I was at the store all by myself and picked up a robot mask for him for his b-day. I put it in the back of the suburban thinking, "He won't look back there." As I drove up the driveway, I had the thought to stop off at the barn and hide it away in one of the totes, but thought, "Nah, it will be fine." As soon as I opened the front door Jacob greeted me like I had been gone for 2 months and asked me if I had bought him a robot. I replied, "Um, no, but maybe for your b-day you can get one." Liar. About an hour later, he came tearing into the house while we were getting ready for supper, jumping all around and screaming, you guessed it..."MOM BOUGHT ME ROBOT! MOM BOUGHT ME ROBOT!" I then screamed, ripped the robot out of his arms and fled into my room looking for a suitable hiding place. He cried and tore my room apart looking for his robot for 3 days. It was May 13. 46 days before his actual b-day. He was either going to kill me looking for his robot or I was going to kill him keeping it away from him. The solution was to have a mock b-day for him since he really didn't have a clue as to when his actual b-day was. He. Wears. It. Everyday. I mean EVERYDAY. He sleeps in it too. Much to Parker's dismay, seeing as how he is the one that shares a bed with Jacob.
On his actual b-day a wonderful friend came over and made this masterpiece...

He was in heaven. This boy can be SO trying at times, but can melt your heart in the next second.


2 comments:

Beccarigg said...

Yay you're back! I was just thinking how I've missed your presence in the blog-o-sphere lately. Glad you guys have been busy having fun ; )

Sorry to hear about Jacob's ear tubes. I hope they can get some new ones in that will clear things up. Absolutely love the robot obsession, too cute! And what a fabulous cake, he must have been thrilled!

Kristen said...

What a cool cake! I might just have to copy that one. One of Kade's ear tubes has already come out as well...I am really hoping that this doesn't mean we are doomed for more ear infections!